Monday, October 27, 2008

Donair l'egg roll

We Atlantic Canadian's have a weakness for donair's. For a select few, especially at 2 a.m. on a Saturday - when any knowledge of Canada's four food groups is kicked to the curb.

Ok.

Wait one sec.

Let's get something straight.

I am NOT up at 2 a.m. (anymore) I'm NOT 19 (anymore). I prefer a stick of celery as a snack (these days).

Not all Atlantic Canadian's even like donair's. Just thought I'd add that disclaimer.

So. Here's an egg roll with a twist. It's yummy and it comes with "donair sauce" to dip them in. What is that delicious white sauce called anyway? Never mind, there are some things one doesn't need to know in life, like what is donair meat made of anyway? Don't matter, it's still good.

Someone told me today I should be a food photographer. I scoffed. Then reached for my bag of celery.

No comments: