Thursday, May 28, 2009

HRM Bike Week 2009

I love my bike. Last summer I even did a tribute to "My new love". The challenge of climbing a hill, the thrill of screaming down. Gearing down, gearing up.

Biking to work can be tricky. Halifax streets can sometimes be tough to maneuver but the reward of arriving to work on pedal power feels nice. Coffee tastes better.

So when I heard that HRM Bike Week 2009 is May 29th to June 7th, my pulse quickened like I was biking up Quinpool Road from the Rotary.

There are all kinds of interesting things planned. Like ride your bike to participating small businesses and receive discounts or board any Metro Transit Harbour Ferry or MetroLink bus (certain routes apply) with your bicycle and travel for free during Bike Week. There's even a Family Picnic on the Commons that's free from 12:00noon – 2:00pm for people and kids who enjoy cycling in Halifax and those interested in cycling as a family.

Here's the full schedule for HRM Bike Week 2009.

Watch for the 2009 Edition of the HRM Bike Map - Bicycle Routes and Trails

See you on the street!

No comments: